Home > Media Room > Events Calendar
First national seminar on “Application of the Leader Method and Establishment of National Rural Development Network
First national seminar on “Application of the Leader Method and Establishment of National Rural Development Network in Bulgaria” in the framework of the Sustainable Rural Development project.
Sustainable Rural Development is a joint initiative of the United Nations Development Programme and the Ministry of agriculture and forests. The project aims to prepare 11 Bulgarian municipalities for participation in the EU initiative for development of rural areas Leader + that is done by supporting the constitution and the training of Local Leader Groups who would join Leader +.
Materials from the event:
- Mid-term External Evaluation Report "Establishment and Operations of Local Leader Groups – Recommendations for Implementation of the LEADER + Initiative in Bulgaria"
· First steps in the implementation of the Leader approach and the building of National network for development of the rural regions in Bulgaria (Bulgarian only)
· Fund for Demonstration Initiatives (Bulgarian only)
· The Leader approach and its implementation in 2007-13, Ms. Helen Williams, Desk Officer for Bulgaria,Directorate General for Agriculture and Rural Development,European Commission, Brussels
· Key highlights of the Leader experience in Finland, Mr. Eero Uusitalo, Counselor for Rural Development and Secretary General of the Rural Policy Committee of Finland,Ministry of Agriculture and Forests, Finland
· Implementing Leader step by step - the Irish perspective, Mr. Timothy Hickey, Rural Development and Environment Expert, Ireland
· Conclusions from the mid-term external evaluation of the SRD Project, Mr. Heimo Keranen, Mr. Dotcho Mihailov, Mr. Iordan Velikov and Ms. Liisa Hame
· Rural Networking, Ms. Helen Williams, Desk Officer for Bulgaria,Directorate General for Agriculture and Rural Development,European Commission, Brussels
· Overview of the process towards establishment of a rural network in Bulgaria, Ms. Maria Yunakova, Head, Less Favored Areas and Local Initiatives Department, MAF, Bulgaria
· „LEADER” Programme and the „Rural Parliament” in Hungary, Ms. Marta Marczis, Leader and Rural Networks Expert, Member of the PREPARE Organizing Group
· Concept for the establishment of a National Rural Development Network in Bulgaria, Ms. Ginka Kapitanova, Director,Foundation for Local Government Reform, Bulgaria